Interview Questions ASP.NET
1. Describe the difference between inline and code behind.?
Inline code written along side the html in a page. Code-behind is code written in a separate file and referenced by the .aspx page.
2. Explain what a diffgram is, and a good use for one?
The DiffGram is one of the two XML formats that you can use to render DataSet object contents to XML. For reading database data to an XML file to be sent to a Web Service.
3. Whats MSIL, and why should my developers need an appreciation of it if at all?
MSIL is the Microsoft Intermediate Language. All .NET compatible languages will get converted to MSIL.
4. Which method do you invoke on the DataAdapter control to load your generated dataset with data?
The .Fill() method
5. Can you edit data in the Repeater control?
No, it just reads the information from its data source
6. Which template must you provide, in order to display data in a Repeater control?
7. How can you provide an alternating color scheme in a Repeater control?
Use the AlternatingItemTemplate
8. What property must you set, and what method must you call in your code, in order to bind the data from some data source to the Repeater control?
You must set the DataSource property and call the DataBind method.
9. What base class do all Web Forms inherit from?
The Page class.
10. Name two properties common in every validation control?
ControlToValidate property and Text property.
11. What tags do you need to add within the asp:datagrid tags to bind columns manually?
Set AutoGenerateColumns Property to false on the datagrid tag
12. What tag do you use to add a hyperlink column to the DataGrid?
13. What is the transport protocol you use to call a Web service?
SOAP is the preferred protocol.
14. True or False: A Web service can only be written in .NET?
15. What does WSDL stand for?
(Web Services Description Language)
16. Which property on a Combo Box do you set with a column name, prior to setting the DataSource, to display data in the combo box?
17. Which control would you use if you needed to make sure the values in two different controls matched?
18. True or False: To test a Web service you must create a windows application or Web application to consume this service?
False, the webservice comes with a test page and it provides HTTP-GET method to test.
19. How many classes can a single .NET DLL contain?
It can contain many classes.