While trying to update latest SQL Server Book Online(SQL Server 2008), the error
"Windows Update; Error Code 8000FFFF" will be throwing.
1. Click on Windows button and search ‘regedit’.
2. Right click on the regedit and “Run as Administrator”
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> COMPONENTS and look for keys described in steps 4, 5 and 6.
3. In the absence of any key go to the next step
4. Find key PendingXmlIdentifier and delete it.
5. Find key NextQueueEntryIndex and delete it.
6. Find key AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving and delete it.
7. Restart the computer.
Once restarted now attempt Windows Updates; it should work fine now.